Friday, May 23, 2008

Anew

New beginnings require new places.
New beginnings are new stories, with brand new faces.
New stories require new ink, new quills, and new sheets.
New smells. New lights. Foot loose and no laces.

That inner Voice is keeping me awake.
Time to pay it more attention and lend it a quill.
That quill that cannot any longer hold still,
Will break down closing walls for tomorrow's sake.

That urge is going to drive me ill.
I better dust off and get busy until
I do whatever I must do to fulfil
This dream I have. My destiny. My will.

1 Comments:

At May 31, 2008 at 8:10 AM , Blogger Agnes Boukaram said...

IT'S UP TO ME

I get discouraget now and then
When there are clouds of gray
Until I think about the things
That happened yesterday

I do not mean the day before
Or those of months ago
Butt all the yesterdays in which
I had the chance to grow

I think of opportunities
That I allowed to die
And those I took advantage of
Before they passed me by.

And those I took advantage of
Before they passed me by.

And I remember that the past
Presented quite a plight
But somehow I endured it and
The future seemed all right.

And I rmind myself that I
am capable and free
And my success and happiness
ARE REALLY UP TO ME.

(James J. Metcalfe)

C'est un des poèmes que j'aime le plus. Agnes Boukara,

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home